Friday, November 25, 2005

He Believed and His Knee Pain Went Away

Here's some good news.

Jerry, a student of mine from St. Louis sent me this email today. He said:
THANK YOU for the realignment tip on knees! I have been having a persistent pain on the inside of my right knee for about two weeks. I did the SITA exercise and WALLA! It worked! No more knee pain. Awesome!
Thanks again,
Jerry
Jerry's talking about the technique I mentioned in yesterday's Daily Yoga Tip.

Jerry, it's great to hear from you. I'm glad this worked for you.

I'm passing this message from Jerry on to the rest of you Daily Yoga Tip readers because if you've got knee joint pain I want you to do what Jerry did. He suspended doubt just long enough to find out for himself if the suggested action really works.

Don't just read about it. Get up. Experience it. Experience yoga!

Kevin Perry
www.ExperienceYoga.org

p.s., The Sanskrit word for "knee" is janu. I know of one pose that has the word root janu in its name. It's called janusirsasana, which is literally translated as "knee head pose." I wrote about janusirsasana back in April. You can read my Daily Yoga Tip about janusirsasana at
http://experienceyoga.blogspot.com/2005/04/janu-flexion.html.

p.p.s., The Sanskrit word for "pain" (or pressure) is pida. It's used in at least two poses. One is karnapidasana, which means "ear pain pose". The other is bhujapidasana, which means "arm or shoulder pain pose."

If you Google these pose names and take a look at them, it'll help you remember these word roots. It'll help you even more if you do the poses!

p.p.p.s., If janu is "knee" and pida is "pain," you might call any position you're in that makes your knee hurt janupidasana!

Making up imaginary poses based on Sanskrit word roots you know from poses you already do is one of the funnest ways I know of to make the Sanskrit names of yoga poses unforgettable.

I'll teach you many more when you join Sallie and me for the Experience Sanskrit workshop. We'll be in Downingtown, PA on February 4th. You can register now at
http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-13837176072520/exsawodopafe.html.

We're coming to Annapolis, MD on Saturday, March 4th. Register for that workshop at
http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-13837176072520/exsawoanmdma.html.
Come back to Golden Heart Yoga on Sunday March 5th and join us for a two-hour asana workshop.

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved, Mo Yoga LLC.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOGA WORKS FOR WEIGHT LOSS TOO:
Indeed your posting about Yoga is so right...I especially like the phrase: don't just read about it...experience it!

for exercise: Yoga has got to be the ultimate.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home