Tuesday, November 22, 2005

With Apologies to Harry & Children Everywhere

Most of you probably heard of "the 12 steps" of Alcoholics Anoymous long before you heard of "the 8 limbs" of Patanjali's YogaSutras. Regardless of which came first for you, both remain powerful systems for spiritual development and transformation.

Instead of talking about yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, or any of the remaining four limbs, today I'll refer briefly to one of the 12 steps. Step number 10 goes something like this...
When we were wrong, we promptly admitted it.
So I'll admit it. I was wrong. Madame Maxime did not require the girls of Beauxbatons Academy to drink only single-malt whiskey!

(For those of you who don't understand this obscure reference, you'll have to go back and read my Daily Yoga Tip from yesterday.)

I was riding home tonight from a grade school basketball game with my Dad, brothers, and nieces, when my nieces Erin and Emily informed me that it was the winged horses that were allowed to drink only single-malt whiskey.

You see, the students of Beauxbatons arrived at Hogwarts in a carriage "the size of a large house" pulled by winged palominos "each the size of an elephant." And they required very careful attention.
"My steeds require...forceful 'andling," said Madame Maxime. "Zey are very strong...." "Will you please inform zis 'Agrid zat ze 'orses drink only single-malt whiskey?"
My apologies go out to Harry Potter fans and anyone else I zinged with my rant about zero tolerance policies.

You might like a different Daily Yoga Tip about Harry Potter a tiny bit better.

You can find it at:
http://experienceyoga.blogspot.com/2005/07/magic-of-yoga-are-you-muggle.html

Enjoy it while I eat my humble pie (and think of pumpkin pie)!

Don't just read about it. Get up. Experience it. Experience yoga!

Kevin Perry
www.ExperienceYoga.org

p.s., Did I say pie? Pie! That reminds me of the Pie Ladies of Yelapa! I'm not kidding. See what others say at http://p073.ezboard.com/ftodopuertovallartafrm44.showMessage?topicID=69.topic


Pie Lady of Yelapa Posted by Picasa

Sallie Keeney and I will be hosting a group of yogis at Hotel Lagunita in Yelapa Mexico, February 18-25, 2006. Yoga, vacationing, foreign travel and incredible natural beauty are a combination that are unmatched. Find out more at http://experienceyoga.org/vacations.asp.

p.p.s., Our list is getting longer. In addition to our Experience Sanskrit workshop in Annapolis, MD (March 4), we're about to announce dates in Downingtown, PA (February 4), Kansas City, MO, and Fort Worth, TX. Keep checking right here for more details. If you want to know more about the Experience Sanskrit workshop, see http://experienceyoga.org/workshops.asp.

Copyright 2005. All rights reserved, Mo Yoga LLC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home