Monday, February 27, 2006

The Teacher Will Come

It's an old saying, but I'll repeat it here...
"When the student is ready, the teacher will come."
When I wrote you last, I was in Yelapa, Mexico.

It was beautiful. I can't wait to go back.

But now...I'm back on the ground in Missouri. Back in the loving arms of my family. And back to the daily activities that (shall I admit it?) I miss when I'm gone.

I'm fortunate. I am fortunate to have generous readers like you, who keep me informed about your lives and your progress in yoga.

Here's an excerpt from an email I got a day or two ago:
"Hi Kevin, I recently wrote you about doing yoga on my own and needing a roadmap to achieve certain poses, and you recommended I try to find a teacher. Perhaps you sent a vibe through the universe, 'cause lo and behold within a few days of your email back to me, I discovered that there is a yoga class that meets Wednesdays at 1 at the church where I go to do rug hooking every Wednesday from 9 to 1. Was that karma or what?

Nice to hear that you are enjoying Mexico.

Thanks, Peggy"
Wow! Peggy, this is a great email.

You want results? Set an intention. Peggy showed it, right there.

I didn't send a vibe through the universe, she did. When you set an intention, the universe responds. In one way or another, it responds.

This sort of fervent resolve is called sankalpa in Sanskrit.

The student was ready. She said in an email to me what she wanted, and she got the first part very quickly, the teacher. She also told me in an email she wanted to accomplish a very specific pose. I have no doubt now that she will do it.

Set a fervent intention today before your yoga practice. You can do it at the beginning and end of each day, too. Then, like Peggy, look for the results. They'll show up!

Don't just read about it. Get up. Experience it. Experience yoga!

Kevin Perry
www.ExperienceYoga.org

p.s., You can read the Daily Yoga Tip I wrote when I first heard from Peggy here.

p.p.s., The Sanskrit word of the day from my last Daily Yoga Tip was bhujanga. Bhujanga means cobra or serpent, as in bhujangasana, cobra pose. Pythons (remember pie-thon?) are different from cobras. Cobras subdue their prey with venom. Pythons constrict. But both of them must open their jaws wide to swallow whole their meals. That's what I thougt of when I saw someone eating Augustina's lemon pie in Yelapa.


p.p.p.s., Today's Sanskrit word of the day is vrischika. I'll tell you what it means next time. I'll give you a clue. I was born on November 3rd. My teaching partner, Sallie Keeney, was born on November 16. We were both born under the same astrological sign named for the animal for which vrischikasana was named. One of our yoga vacationers in Mexico found one of these critters in her bathroom last week!

p.p.p.s, We'll be in Annapolis, Maryland Friday night. Saturday afternoon, Sallie and I are teaching the Experience Sanskrit workshop at Golden Heart Yoga. We are thrilled to be hosted by Jenny Otto and Lynn Mathews. But it's sold out. There aren't any more open slots. But we are staying an extra day to conduct a 2-hour asana workshop on Sunday. To participate, click over to www.ExperienceYoga.org and register today.

We'll be at Yoga Among Friends in Downers Grove, IL starting at 1 pm on Saturday April 8, 2006. Register at www.ExperienceYoga.org. See you there!

Copyright 2006.
All rights reserved, Mo Yoga LLC.
Kevin Perry
Mo Yoga LLC
905 Eastland Plaza Suite B, #106
Jefferson City, MO 65101
(573) 680-6737

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home